The deltasonic® ultrasonic flowmeters from pvt technology GmbH are increasingly being used to measure the flow of liquids. In addition to the very high precision and the simple installation, the devices of the deltasonic® series impress with an attractive price-performance ratio as well as a high processing quality. The fields of application range from feed water quantities to heat and cold quantity measurements to flow measurements for drinking water (all hygienic requirements are fulfilled).
Principle of operation
Our ultrasonic flowmeters work according to the transit time difference method. In this method, ultrasonic pulses are transmitted through the medium in and against the direction of flow. A sound wave propagates faster in the flow direction of the measuring medium than in the opposite direction. The transit time difference is thus proportional to the mean flow velocity. The average flow velocity multiplied by the pipe cross-section gives the flow volume per time unit.
The flow velocity is calculated according to the following equation:
- v = average flow velocity
- L = length of the ultrasound path
- α = Angle of the ultrasonic signal to the flow
- T1 = transit time of the ultrasonic signal with the flow
- T2 = transit time of the ultrasonic signal against the flow
Advantages of the measuring principle of the deltasonic® series
- no pressure losses because of free pipe cross-sections
- very low maintenance or servicing costs, as there are no moving parts
- long service life, as no abrasion or corrosion due to the measuring medium
- simple and cost-effective installation without interruption of operation
- all hygienic requirements are met, as no product contact through clamp-on sensors
- independent of media properties such as pressure, temperature, conductivity, viscosity, etc.
- no leakage risk
Specific advantages of the deltasonic® type HH - mobile
The new deltasonic® type HH enables mobile ultrasonic flow measurements: Precision in the premium class at an affordable price.
The scope of delivery includes a sturdy carrying case with extensive accessories:
Ultrasonic sensors 25 - 6,000 mm for medium temperatures up to 150 °C, magnetic mounting rails for steel pipes, mounting chains, tensioning straps, signal cable for analogue signal 4 - 20 mA, pulse, RS 232/RS 485, power supply, contact paste (150 °C) and German and English operating instructions.
- Unusually high accuracy of +/- 0.5 % of the read value at a flow velocity of 0.3 to 12 m/s (SI test bench certified accuracy = +/- 0.28 % of the read value).
- Special innovation of our deltasonic® series: the patented PicoFly quantum time transit technology. By the use of two-dimensional space-time intersections as time scale an ultrasonic transit time almost without dead zone is reached, in the precision time range of less than one picosecond ~ 100 Ms.
- The deltasonic® series is highly accurate and largely insensitive to air bubbles and suspended solids.
- Fewer hardware components due to state-of-the-art microelectronics in the low-voltage range. This results in maximum performance and reliability with minimum power consumption.
- Ultrasonic sensors up to 150 °C are standard at pvt technology GmbH.
- Switching to the various displays is done via the touch keys on the front panel.
- Operation of all keys by capacitive touch buttons with unlimited lifetime.
- Due to the clear, user-friendly menu selection via the front keys, our deltasonic® series is very easy and extremely convenient to operate. Only a few logical steps are required for commissioning in minutes.
- The compact design allows you to hold the device comfortably with one hand.
- No cumbersome fastening with belts or chains, as the fastening rails are equipped with force magnets.
Technical data of the deltasonic® type HH - mobile
- Measuring principle: digital ultrasonic flow measurement according to the transit time principle
- Accuracy: +/- 0.5 % at 0.3 to 12 m/s (positive/negative)
- For nominal diameters: from (15 - 20mm) 25 to 6,000 mm
- Temperature: - 20 °C to + 150 °C
- Repeatability: 0.15%.
- Digital display: large 320 x 240 TFT LCD colour display for various displays and graphics
- Keyboard: 4 x 4 touch keys
- Memory card: IG SD high memory data logging (512 days)
- Supply: Lithium battery for more than 16 hours operating time
- outputs: 4 - 20 mA, OCT pulse 0 - 10 KHz, relay
- Communication: RS 232/RS 485
- Power supply: 90 - 250 VAC 48 - 63 Hz or 10 to 36 VDC
- Standard cable length: 5 m
- Sensors: stainless steel IP 68
- Mounting rails: Aluminium with strong force magnets
- Housing: plastic
- Protection class handset: IP 54